- UNESCO's 70th Anniversary Celebration: Associated Schools Festival (UNESCO Palace, 11/12/2015)
- Second workshop for UNESCO ASPnet schools on Teacher professional competencies: The “Whole-School Approach” (16-17/10/2015)
- Conference on “Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development” and Award Ceremony on “Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development: A Message from Lebanon to the World” (UNESCO Office, 20/10/2015)
- Workshop in the framework of the Drawing competition #Unite4Heritage (UNESCO Office, 30/09/2015)
- Youth Mobile Apps Project (LAU Beirut Campus, October - December 2015)
- Annual Meeting for UNESCO associated schools’ principals and coordinators (UNESCO Palace, 24/03/2015)
Second workshop for UNESCO ASPnet schools on Teacher professional competencies: The “Whole-School Approach” (16-17/10/2015)
UNESCO Beirut Office organized in cooperation with the Lebanese National Commission for UNESCO the second workshop for UNESCO ASPnet schools on “Teacher professional competencies: The Whole-School Approach challenge”, as a follow-up for the first workshop that was held in April 2013 in Al-Bustan Hotel in Beit Meri.
Around 65 principals and teachers from ASPnet schools participated in the workshop, as well as educational experts from the United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Romania, United Kingdom and Lebanon. The opening session included speeches from the National Coordinateur of ASPnet Schools and UNESCO Clubs Ms. Christiane Jeitani, representing the Secretary General of the Lebanese National Commission, and from the Programme Specialist for Curriculum, Teachers and Higher Education at the UNESCO Office Dr. Dakmara Georgescu. The workshop also included an introductory presentation of the concept and practices of the “whole school approach” (benefits and challenges) by the International expert, Mr. David Peck, and presentations from the following schools on their achievements and experiences in implementing the Whole School Approach: Saint Georges School – Haret Hreik and Hadath, the Lebanese Maronite Order, Al-Hadi Institute for Deaf and Blind, Makassed Philanthropic Islamic Association of Beirut, Imam Al-Sadr Foundation – Tyre and Mostafa Shomran High School – Tyre; in addition to a Romanian school.
Participants also contributed to a critical review of the Arabic and English versions of the draft WSA Handbook in view of its finalization and publication.