- UNESCO's 70th Anniversary Celebration: Associated Schools Festival (UNESCO Palace, 11/12/2015)
- Second workshop for UNESCO ASPnet schools on Teacher professional competencies: The “Whole-School Approach” (16-17/10/2015)
- Conference on “Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development” and Award Ceremony on “Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development: A Message from Lebanon to the World” (UNESCO Office, 20/10/2015)
- Workshop in the framework of the Drawing competition #Unite4Heritage (UNESCO Office, 30/09/2015)
- Youth Mobile Apps Project (LAU Beirut Campus, October - December 2015)
- Annual Meeting for UNESCO associated schools’ principals and coordinators (UNESCO Palace, 24/03/2015)
The Associated Schools Project Network (ASPnet) - Lebanon, which was set up as early as 1994, is a network of schools designed to strengthen the commitment of children and young people to actively strive to promote peace as well as national and international understanding and respect for human rights and democracy.
The Lebanese National Commission for Unesco is the only authorized body in Lebanon that is entitled to establish such a Lebanese network of schools.
The activities of ASPnet - Lebanon have been so far channeled into Unesco's four major areas of concern and cluster around the following:
o World concerns and the role of the United Nations System
o Education for sustainable development
o Peace and Human rights
o Intercultural learning
ASPnet Lebanon comprises 50 schools, both public and private, of different educational levels (primary, intermediate, secondary and technical) and come from different geographical districts.
Interested schools may adopt the following directives:
1. Get in touch with the ASP National Coordinator at LNCU.
2. Read the ASPnet documents.
3. Complete an application form and specify activities that are being undertaken, indicating the goals and nature thereof. The application form shall be examined by the National Commission and transmitted to Unesco Headquarters for revision and approval.
An associate school needs to meet the following requirements:
o Designate a coordinator to liaise with the National Commission and the school.
o Execute the project described in the application form.
o Involve students, teachers and parents in the project.
o Inform the National Commission of the steps taken to execute the project.
o Write an annual report that describes in detail the school project and the other executed activities.
The Associated Schools annual reports are duly sent to Unesco Headquarter.
Participating schools in the ASPnet may carry the following advantages:
o Obtain a membership certificate signed by Unesco Director General.
o Have a link with Unesco and with all the other UN agencies as well as the Associated schools of the world.
o Partake in national projects organized by the National Commission and in regional and international projects organized by Unesco.
o Exchange information and materials.
o Learn new educational skills and latest techniques on national and international levels.
o Receive documents and regular newsletters produced by Unesco or other international organizations.
o Use the ASPnet emblem.
o Have its activities enlisted in the national and international newsletters.
1. Laure Moghaizel Public High School for Girls
2. Zahia Kaddoura Public High School for Girls
3. Dr. Hassan Saab Mixed Public High School
4. Achrafieh Public High School for Boys
5. International College
6. Makassed Philanthropic Islamic Association of Beirut
7. Hariri High School II
8. Rawdah High School
9. Louise Wegmann College
10. Manara Intermediate Public School for Girls
11. Al-Ahliah School
12. Lycée Franco-Libanais - Verdun
13. Zahrat El-Ihsan School
14. Heritage College
15. Al-Hadi Institute for Deaf and Blind
16. Al-Kawthar Secondary School
17. Hariri School III
18. Palace of Modern Culture
19. National Maronite School - Baalbek
20. Jawdat Rustom Haidar Public High School for Girls - Baalbek
21. Collège Oriental Basilien - Zahle
22. Ecole du Saint Enfant Jésus des Soeurs de la Charité - Besançon - Baabdath
23. L'Athénée de Beyrouth - Bsalim
24. Saint Joseph School - Mtein
25. Al Manar Modern School
26. Saint Anthony's College - Hammana
27. Saint John the Baptist School - Ain El Rihani
28. Saint Georges School - Haret Hreik and Hadath
29. Lycée Franco-Libanais - Nahr Ibrahim
30. Institut Technique des Saints-Coeurs - Bauchrieh
31. Hammana Public High School
32. Sainte Famille Française - Fanar
33. Hussein Massoud Public High School - Bchamoun
34. Collège Notre Dame de Jamhour
35. Deutsche Schule und Kindergarten - Jounieh
36. Institut Moderne du Liban - Fanar
37. Sagesse High School - Ain Saade
38. Saint Georges School - Bsalim
39. Lycée d'Orient
40. Montana International College
41. Beirut Evangelical School for Girls and Boys - Rabieh
42. Antonine International School - Ajaltoun
43. Central College of the Lebanese Monks - Jounieh
44. Safra Public High School
45. College of the Young Girl of Lebanon - Beit Hebbak
46. Saint Roch College - Kleiat
47. Azm School - Tripoli
48. Institut National du Monastère Maronite - Chekka
49. North Lebanon College - Zgharta
50. Lycée Franco-Libanais Alphonse de Lamartine - Tripoli
51. Al Murabi Fadl Al Moukaddam Public High School for Girls - Tripoli
52. Rawdat Al Fayhaa High School - Tripoli
53. Dar Attarbieh Wattaalim - Tripoli
54. Saint Georges School - Achache
55. Our Lady of Annunciation School - Rmeich
56. Mostafa Shomran High School - Tyre
57. Bilal Fahs High School - Nabatieh
58. Mohammad Saad High School - Tyre
59. Rafic Hariri High School - Saida
60. Nabatieh Public High School for Girls
61. Saida Public High School for Girls
62. Imam Al-Sadr Foundation - Tyre
63. Hajj Bahaa El-Dine Hariri School
64. Cadmous College - Tyre