- UNESCO's 70th Anniversary Celebration: Associated Schools Festival (UNESCO Palace, 11/12/2015)
- Second workshop for UNESCO ASPnet schools on Teacher professional competencies: The “Whole-School Approach” (16-17/10/2015)
- Conference on “Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development” and Award Ceremony on “Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development: A Message from Lebanon to the World” (UNESCO Office, 20/10/2015)
- Workshop in the framework of the Drawing competition #Unite4Heritage (UNESCO Office, 30/09/2015)
- Youth Mobile Apps Project (LAU Beirut Campus, October - December 2015)
- Annual Meeting for UNESCO associated schools’ principals and coordinators (UNESCO Palace, 24/03/2015)
In the framework of UNESCO's 70th anniversary celebrations, and the drawing competition #Unite4Heritage – a global campaign launched by UNESCO Director General, Ms. Irina Bokova, the Lebanese National Commission for UNESCO, in cooperation with the UNESCO Office in Beirut, organized a workshop for a number of teachers from UNESCO associated schools, and from different regions of Lebanon, on Wednesday September 30, 2015 at UNESCO Office in Beirut.
After the Lebanese national anthem, Culture Programme Officer at UNESCO Office in Beirut Mr. Joseph Kreidi welcomed the participants as he further explained about the significance of the #Unite4Heritage initiative as a global campaign launched by the Director General with the aim to protect heritage in the face of extremists on the one hand, and to the UNESCO conventions that are in place, and the different aspects through which they ensure the protection and safeguarding of cultural heritage on the other.
Ms. Christiane Jeitani, National coordinator of ASPnet schools and UNESCO Clubs, praised the teachers' participation, highlighting their role in promoting awareness among young people on the importance of heritage preservation and protection.
Following the opening speeches, Dr. Jean Yasmine, expert in the restoration of monuments and cultural sites, presented an interactive lecture about UNESCO Convention for the protection of intangible cultural heritage, and UNESCO #Unite4heritage global campaign.
On the other hand, Artist-Painter Joseph Hnein gave a presentation about fine arts, and on how to translate the slogan of the global campaign into drawings.
An exhibition of the final selected drawings will be organized, and the best 12 drawings will be featured in the LNCU 2016 calendar.