- ALF 10th Anniversary / 13th Annual Heads of Network Meeting (Naples, 27-30/10/2014)
- Closing Ceremony of the ALF Lebanese Network Activity (Le Commodore Hotel - Hamra, 20/10/2014)
- Regional training "Youth in Local Dialogue" (Holiday Inn Dunes - Verdun, 17-21/02/2014)
- Opening Ceremony of the Regional Training on "Education for Intercultural Citizenship" (UNESCO Palace, 18/11/2013)
- Closing Ceremony of the Common Action implemented by ALF Lebanese Network (04/06/2013)
- Conference on "Regional Cooperation: good practices in the region" (4-5/03/2013)
Opening Ceremony of the Regional Training on "Education for Intercultural Citizenship" (UNESCO Palace, 18/11/2013)
Under the patronage of His Excellency General Michel Sleiman, President of the Lebanese Republic, represented by H.E. Mr. Walid El Daouk, Minister of Information, Adyan Foundation organized, in collaboration with the Lebanese National Commission for UNESCO – as the Head of the ALF Lebanese Network, the opening ceremony of the Regional Training on “Education for Intercultural Citizenship”, in the framework of the Citizens for Dialogue programme – Dawrak, launched by the Anna Lindh Foundation and funded by the European Union.
The event was inaugurated in the presence of H.E. Ambassador Angelina Eichhorst – head of the European delegation in Lebanon, of the ambassadors of Spain and Egypt, and representatives of the American, British, Iranian and Bulgarian embassies in Lebanon, as well as representatives of spiritual, academic, educational institutions and civil society organizations.
The ceremony opened with a speech by the Director of Cross Cultural Studies Department at Adyan Foundation and the Manager of the training, Dr. Nayla Tabbara, who explained that “the workshop is a space for training and capacity building”. Manar Idriss from Palestine spoke on behalf of the participants, and Prof. Fadi Daou, Chairman of Adyan Foundation talked about the role of Adyan in participating in building bridges for citizenship and the importance of implementing such training.
The Secretary General of the Lebanese National Commission, Dr. Zahida Darwiche Jabbour, emphasized the importance of such a training on education for intercultural citizenship in the midst of the current circumstances prevailing in the Arab societies, that seem to be threatened by class, sectarian and political divisions.
Mr. Andreu Claret, Executive director of Anna Lindh Foundation, noted that the training brings together teachers and trainers from Arab countries facing a significant transformation in terms of change, adding that dialogue works when it is a dialogue of people sharing social and cultural experiences and aimed at doing together, at becoming real citizens.